Where is the best way to store hair extensions?
It’s really important to get into a good storage routine with your Luxies from the start because good habits = longer lasting extensions. If you think about it, it takes only a few minutes to put them away and who doesn't want longer lasting extensions, right?
Storage Routine Breakdown
- After removing your hair extensions, ensure that all of the clips are closed shut.
- Brush each weft with your Loop Hair Extensions Brush carefully by starting at the ends and gradually working your way up to the roots.
- Place your extensions in either a storage box or a storage case.
- Always ensure you store your extensions in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight (like a closet, cabinet or dresser drawer). Also, ensure your extensions are completely dry when storing to prevent mold and other bacteria from growing.
Choosing Your Storage Method
OPTION #1: STORAGE BOX
Luxy Hair extensions are packaged in a box that is specifically designed so you can keep and reuse it as a storage container for your extensions. You can also use an airtight container or a shoe box to store your extensions. We always recommend making sure that they are completely dry before placing them into the box. Otherwise, mold and other bacteria can grow.
OPTION #2: HAIR EXTENSIONS CARRIER
Whether you’re looking for a place to store your Luxies while traveling, need to secure them while styling, or just want a more compact and multi-purpose storage alternative to the beautiful box they arrive in, our Luxy Hair Extensions Carrier is the solution you’ve been waiting for. It will help prevent damage and tangling, which in turn, increases the lifespan of your extensions.
- You may hang your extensions to air dry using the hanger provided.
- It helps maintain the shape of your extensions longer, which is great if you’ve styled the extensions and want to maintain the look for as long as possible.
- You can pre-curl your extensions the day before you have an event to save time on the day of.
How to store your Luxies in the Carrier Case
First, fold down the hook to open up the hanger, place your extensions onto the hanger with the hanger bar below the wefts, and lift the hook to close the hanger. Your hair extensions should feel secure once the hanger is closed.
Then, simply unzip the Luxy Hair Extensions Carrier, slide it in and move the hanger through the opening at the top. Once your hair extensions are neatly situated in, you may zip up the case and hang it in your closet for future use. If you’re traveling, you can fold the hanger, roll the Carrier up, button it in place, and tuck it into your luggage without having to worry about it unraveling.
Please ensure your extensions are completely dry when placing them into the Carrier to prevent mold and other bacteria from growing. You can always hang your extensions to air dry using the hanger provided before storing them in the Carrier.
Brushing Before Storing
For brushing, we recommend using our Loop Hair Extensions Brush. It was designed specifically for the use on all different types of hair extensions, as it has unique nylon “looped” bristles which easily glide through the hair and remove any tangles. It won’t cause pulling, snagging, or damage to your wefts, which you may otherwise experience with a regular hairbrush. This, in turn, will prolong the lifespan of your extensions.
We recommend to gather all the hair together and carefully brush out the extensions by starting at the ends and gradually working your way up to the roots. If you come across a particularly pesky knot, take out the individual weft and brush it through gently. Always be gentle when brushing your extensions to reduce shedding and breakage.